Students & Volunteers
ASPRS has two levels of volunteers, Student Assistants and Student Volunteers. Both positions are very important to the success of the conferences. However, the requirements and benefits are different for each category. Please read below about each position and how to apply.
Student Assistant -- Application Deadline: CLOSED
- Must be an ASPRS Student Member
- 18 available spots for this position
- Minimum service requirement is 15 hours of volunteer time during the week of the conference
- Must arrive by Sunday, March 18 and depart no earlier than Friday, March 23 after 3:00 pm
- Students who apply for a Student Assistantship MUST be available to serve during the entire week of the conference (Sunday, March 18 through Friday, March 23) and MUST attend the online orientation webinar meeting on Monday evening, February 6 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Student Assistant Application Form
Student Volunteer -- Application Deadline: CLOSED
- 30 available spots for this position
- Minimum service requirement is 8 hours of volunteer time during the week of the conference
Students who are current members of ASPRS or the ISPRS Student Consortium are eligible to apply as Student Assistants and Volunteers for this conference.
Students who are accepted to serve as Student Assistants receive complimentary lodging (two students share a room) from Sunday, March 18 through Thursday, March 22, 2012. They also receive a $100 stipend when their full work assignments have been completed.
Both Student Assistants and Student Volunteers who are accepted to serve receive complimentary conference registration.
Any Student Assistant or Volunteer who works 7.5 hours in one day is eligible for a lunch stipend of $10.
Any student accepted to serve as either a Student Assistant or Volunteer must be able to cover their own transportation to and from the conference and their daily meal expenses. Volunteers must be able to cover their own lodging during the conference.
Only those Student Assistants or Volunteers who are assigned to an ASPRS Workshop as part of their volunteer duties may attend the assigned workshop at no cost. All others who wish to attend a workshop must register for the workshop of their choice and pay the student registration fee. These workshops are not part of the general conference registration fee.
Students who have never served as Student Assistants at a past ASPRS Conference will be given preference in the application review process. It is the aim of the Student Assistantship Program to give as many students as possible an opportunity to benefit from these awards.
For questions regarding volunteer opportunities please contact:
Dr. Rakesh Malhotra